Thursday, September 8, 2011

Hello September!

    I love Fall. It is, I think, my very favorite time of the year, cool crisp days, nippy winds blowing, and the smell is so wonderful. Don't know just exactly what is smells like, it just smells, like, well.... FALL! ;)
You might think I'm crazy, but I am a person to whom smells mean a lot. Like for instance, propane (when you first turn on the burner on the stove) on a cooler day, reminds me of visiting my great-grand parents house in Colorado... And apple pie smells like Thanksgiving.... Making homemade chili and chocolate chip cookies remind me of Christmas..... I could go on and on, but I suppose you get the point.

  Sorry I didn't post yesterday. I was very busy, I had to deliver pies, and then go the the grocery store to get more ingredients, and then I had to make supper early, because we had spaghetti. So, I say all that to say, that I am sorry about not posting... Did I tell you my good news? I got a job! *does little happy dance* Yep, I did, making and selling pies to a local diner. It's fun, and pays pretty good.

 Today I delivered more pies and then went to get my hair cut. It looks very pretty, as everyone in my sweet family has informed me :) <3.

 Oh! Guess what?! I started writing my first novella. What's that you may ask? Well a novella is just a short novel. Not as short as a short story, but not as long as a full novel. So.. it's pretty fun, I do like the people in the story very much. It's weird sometimes, I don't really think about writing it, they just happen themselves. They tell me what they want to do. I really do like it, it's good for me.

As for Books- still reading Hardy Boy books, but I am also reading a book called "The Honor Of Lawrence House" by Virginia Dailey. I've read it before, but decided to read it again.

Crafts-  I am working on Christmas presents now and the other day started my mother's present. Right now though, I'm making hats for my brothers, who are leaving on a Boy Scout backpacking trip soon. Got to get those finished ASAP!

 I don't have any cooking thing this week, but instead I am going to tell you about a really good movie. It's called "The Flame and The Arrow". It's a fun, swash-buckling kind of story. Somewhat like Robin Hood, but I think a bit better, because it's not so over used. We got it from Netflix. I highly recommend it. You should look into getting it. Please, you'll like it.

 And now for a song... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfuBREMXxts This is probably one, if not THE one, VERY popular song that The Monkees sang. Hope you like it. I do ;)

Vaya Con Dios,

~Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment