Wednesday, August 31, 2011

"This just doesn't seem to be my day"

  Yep, a lot of things have gone wrong for me today.. First I made awful breakfast bars for breakfast... Then I relized that I had forgotten to set the beans to soak for lunch. Then also, I went to the store and bought the wrong things and forgot to get some other things, came home and started to make some hamburger buns for lunch tomorrow, also some jello salad for supper, made a mess of the salad and splattered it on myself and then when I was washing all the dishes, I sloshed a fair amount of dish water all over the sink and floor.... Gosh. Then I started another kind of bread and after mixing the first part of it, I realized that it had to rise three times... and I won't be finished with it til about 8 or 9 pm.... I wonder what else I'll mess up today....
I am also feeling a bit lonely today... most of my friends (who are younger than me) can drive and I can't yet. and I have some married friends (also younger), AND Kieran is getting married (she's older), but I just feel a little left out..... I know that they sound like (and probably are) small things, but that's just how I feel right now...


Yesterday wasn't too bad... I got to go to Graham with Daddy. On the way we drove under a huge smoke cloud, there is a fire near there, it was the weirdest things I have ever seen. The sun was RED through the cloud. The lighting was very eerie too..... I played secretary at the church and helped file music. That was fun, got to use a really cool number stamp thing. I think I'd like to do something like more often. Maybe I could get a job in that line... Daddy took me out to supper, we ate at a place called The Steele Grill. I had a very good hamburger and homemade potato chips. The Daddy took me to a place called Neri's and we ate chocolate pecan pie. After that we took a quick walk around the square to burn off all those calories :) then we drove home. That was a fun time, I had like a "Daddy Date".

I really need to get a job, because I added up most everything I'd like to get for my 'new' room and it is about $70.... golly, I hardly make any money now....

I watched The Beatles movie "A Hard Day's Night" the other night. They sang some songs that I didn't even know they sang... It wasn't nearly as funny and The Monkees. My very favorite are of course still The Monkees, but I do like some of the Beatles early stuff.

Book- Still reading Hardy boys.

Craft- I think that this yarn is the coolest stuff http://www.yarnandstitcheryalcove.com/page/391446217 I would love to buy some of it and make myself either a poncho or a sweater. for a sweater I'd maybe use this pattern http://www.freevintagecrochet.com/free-sweater-pattern/spinnerin116/formal-time-sweater

Cooking- I'll just tell you the jello salad recipe. I got it from a very good friend, who is like my grandmother.
2 boxes of any flavor of jello (I used cherry, she uses lime)
1 can of pineapple chunks
1 container of cottage cheese
1-1 1/2 pecans opt.

Make jello according to package directions, substituting the pineapple juice for some of the cold water. Mix jello until coolish... add cottage cheese, and pineapple chunks, and pecans if using. Pour into either a lightly greased 9x13 casserole dish or a jello mold. Refrigerate until set. Enjoy!! I love this, so cool and refreshing on a hot summer night. I hope you like it.

Here is the song I used in my title today. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0m8w-Ij4BWo
And so concludes this week's post, a look into the life and adventure (sometimes misadventures) of Erin Smith.  Vaya con Dios
I also really LOVE this song. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nLPO-Dhe7s&feature=related
Wish some guy would sing this to me.....


No comments:

Post a Comment