Wednesday, August 10, 2011

different things...

Hello Wednesday,
   Today is a new blog post day. This morning, I got up and did my exercise, went down and made breakfast. Got the muffins in the oven (I'll post the recipe later) and then left to go with Kieran. We went to Clark Gardens, were she is getting married, and tried out the aisle runner. Golly it was HOT and it was only 9am. Anyway we got that marked and cut, then went to Walmart to get stuff for lunch and came home. Then we got some muffins and left again(leaving the stuff for lunch). We went to go pick up her wedding dress from the girl she had alter it. Then we came back home again :) I made homemade corn dogs (next post) for lunch. Whew.. I am tired.
  Last Thursday I went to Ft. Worth with Daddy. Unfortunately the car sorta broke down and we had to sit in a hot auto shop for a few hours, then my grandfather, Gramps, came a picked us up and let us barrow his car(this was about 3 o'clock). Then Daddy and I went straight to this dentist lab. He works on their computers and they were about to close. Boy howdy did it smell bad there! it smelled like a nail salon and that goes right up my head and gives me a head ache. After awhile the smell wasn't too terrible. Then we were there for a few more hours. The waiting didn't bother me, I finished "Highland Legacy" it was good in the end. Anyhoo, I finished my book and then I started on a new chemo hat... after Daddy finished the computer we left and went back to the automotive shop and put the car back together, then we went to go eat "lupper" We hadn't had lunch so we went and and lunch/supper. Daddy took me to Apple-bee's. That was nice, I got mexican chicken and he got a steak. Then we went to pick Gramps up, so he could drive us back to the car place and then take his car home. Well, on the way over to the car place my grandmother, Grammy, called and asked if I could please spend the night with them and help her take care of my cousin. I said I'd be happy to help Grammy out, but could Gramps please take me to Half Price Books first? That was one of the reasons I had wanted to go to Ft. Worth with Daddy. So we dropped Daddy off at the car place and Gramps took me to HPB. I had been wanting to look for a Monkees CD and a book called "Color Me Beautiful" and the T-Tapp book, "Fit and Fabulous in 15 minutes". I found a Monkees CD (yay!!) and I found the T-tapp book (again yay) I also found the color book but didn't have the money for it this time and they had like 6 copies so I wasn't worried about not being able to get it at a future time. Soo, then we went over to Grammy and Gramps's house. I watched took a shower and then watched a movie and went to bed. Whew was I exhausted! I went home the next day.

  Yesterday I did the T-Tapp 15min work out, BUT I don't think I'll do it right now. The reason being, is I don't really understand what I am supposed to be doing, and I don't have the money to buy the DVD. But I will keep doing the T-Tapp work out I have been doing, which is one you can find on youtube and some other exercise that I found on the T-Tapp website. It you want to know what I do, please leave a comment and I'll let you know. I have lost 1 inch off my tummy and some fat off my back and hips just doing this exercise!! I am happy about that, and I will do the 15 min work out when I can purchase it. I do want to lose more inches and pounds, but I don't think I'll be able to do it before the wedding. That's okay with me because I don't want to have to majorly alter my Maid of Honor dress.

 Okay, now it's time for my new tradition of give you a book, a craft and a recipe.
Book- Agatha Christie's "Parker Pyne Investigates" or is sometimes published as "Mr. Parker Pyne, Dective"
They are very funny short stories. I have enjoyed them immensely. Oh by the way, when I finished Highland Legacy, that was my 50th book for the year!! Last year I read 50. This year I am going to try and beat my own record :).

Craft- I found this great blog that has great patterns! I really want to make these http://arpelia.blogspot.com/2008/09/super-simple-tawashi-flower.html I also like these http://easymakesmehappy.blogspot.com/2010/07/6-petal-puff-stitch-flower.html Going to make this last one for the hat I am working on. Should be fun!

Recipe-
Ham and Cheese Muffins
makes 1 dozen muffins

2 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 cup milk
1/2 cup mayonnaise (I know what you are thinking and believe me it's great and cool)
1/2 cup cooked, chopped ham (or lunch meat ham, cold)
1/2 shredded cheese (I used cheddar but I think you could use any kind you like)

Preheat oven to 400. Grease muffin tin. Mix dry ingredients. Add mayonnaise then cheese and ham. Add the milk and mix. Divide batter in to the 12 cups. bake for 16-18 mins or until toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Let cool for a little bit, then remove from muffin tins. Eat and enjoy.
  We love this recipe. what neat it is had no fat or eggs, because all the is in the mayonnaise. I doubled the recipe and I didn't have any ham so I just used 3 cups of cheese. For a single recipe I would suggest using  1 1/2 cups of cheese.

Oh guess what? this Friday Mama, Kieran, Anna and I are going to San Antonio for a bridal shower for Kieran, given by Richard's aunts or mother's friends. I don't know exactly ;) Anyway that will be fun, just us girls on a trip. Then Mama and I will come back Saturday evening and Kieran and Anna will stay for a few days while Kieran and Mrs. Sartor go apartment/house hunting.

I have started Kieran's wedding present. I am knitting her some dish cloths, and then I am going to crochet her some hot pads. I hope she will like them.

Well I must go now, Kieran and I have some more wedding things to do this afternoon. Oh before, I go I forgot to tell you that I finally got some silver shoes for the wedding!! yay. that is a relief for me, because we have been looking ever since they got engaged! They are pretty tall, but I like them. I try to post a picture of them, perhaps next week?

Anyway, here is a song for you http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbiH9igrlKs&feature=related It's pretty funny. I'll have a great one next week too!
Vaya con Dios


~Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment