Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Not much today

How are you?
 Not much going on this post, just more wedding stuff....

I found a quit I really like, I hope to be able to buy it for my room soon. http://www.walmart.com/ip/Better-Homes-and-Gardens-Four-Patch-Quilt/14914958
I am going to re-do my room in various shades of orange and green. Neat?

Anyway, it's one month til the wedding and 32 days until Anna moves in to Kk's old room. I am having fun redecorating mine and Anna's rooms. Have I already said that? If I have, sorry, but it IS fun. :)

Well, as for books I finished "The Open Gate" and it was wonderful!! I really enjoyed it. Very sweet and nice. I have also read two Hardy Boy books since last post. I love mysteries. Yes, I know Hardy Boys aren't the best mysteries in the world, but they are short, and right now, I don't have time for a really long and involved book.

Crafts-I made something like this today to put on a hat I finished. http://crochet.about.com/od/motifs/a/Multicolored_Flower.htm

Cooking/recipe- Here is a great, fast and easy pie crust recipe. (which I am going to use as soon as I finish this post)

Pie Crust.

Makes 3 crusts (singles)

3 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 cup shortening
3/4 cup ice cold water

Mix flour and salt. Cut in shortening. Add water. Mix well. Divide in to 3 balls. Roll out and make in to pie or what have you. I like to roll out the crust and then spread butter on it, the sprinkle cinnamon sugar on it, roll it up jelly roll style the slice the roll, (like cinnamon rolls) then bake them at 350 for about 45-50 mins. Yummy!!

Kieran is leaving tomorrow to be in her friend, Hannah, 's wedding, and Daddy and I are going to take her to the airport. Then Daddy and I get to go to a huge Half Price Books!! Yay, I am going to look for the T-Tapp 15 min work out DVD and some Monkees CDs. :)

And now for a song. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEh38KiLxAg&feature=related Hope you like it.

Vaya con Dios

~Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment