Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Weekly ramblings.

 Hello,
   How are you today? I'm not so good, well, I guess I am fine my foot just hurts...  I dropped a wooden box on my toes yesterday. It is rather bruised and painful. As I am typing this I have my foot propped up and that helps.
  Alrighty, I have decided that I will try my utmost to post every week (every Wednesday). I also will either give a short review of a book, or recommend a book. As well as give you or tell you about a craft, and tell or give you a recipe. How does that sound to you?

 So to start off, I am reading a book called "Highland Legacy" I got it at a thrift store. It's a christian romance novel. It is centered around a girl named Audrey, who is researching her family tree. Within the story of Audrey are  3 stories about her ancestors. I am on the second of the novels within the novel. It's pretty good.

 As for a craft, how about a crocheted chemo hat? I have made up my own pattern and I thought I'd share it with you.

Crocheted Chemo Hat


Red Heart yarn- Any color (right now I am using Perfect Pink)
Susan Bates Crochet hook- Size J-10 OR K10 (you don't have to use Susan Bates, that is just what I use)

Round 1- Magic circle. chain 2, 10 double crochet into ring, slip stitch in to first stitch to join. 10 stitches chain 2 turn.

Round 2- Double crochet twice into each stitch around, *slip stitch in first to join, chain 2, turn* (*do this at the end of each row unless otherwise stated.) 20 stitches.

Round 3- *Double crochet in first stitch. Double crochet twice in next stitch*. repeat from * ending with double crochet twice. 30 stitches.

Round 4- *Double crochet in next 2 stitches. Double crochet twice in next stitch* repeat from * 40 stitches

Round 5- *Double crochet in next 3 stitches. Double crochet twice in next stitch* repeat from * 50 stitches

Round 6- *Double crochet in next 4 stitches. Double crochet twice in next stitch* repeat from * 60 stitches

Round 7 through 15- Double crochet (once) in each stitch all around.

You could stop here and just have a benie like hat or you can continue as suggested below

Brim-
Round 16- Re peat row 3.

Round 17- Double crochet in each stitch all around. Slip stitch into first stitch. Tie off and weave in ends.

If you have any problems, please let me know and I will try to help you.
You can embellish your hat with buttons or a crocheted flower or anything you want! I hope you like this hat. It fits most heads. It might be a bit tight at first but it will stretch.
Someday I hope to make a video of this pattern, and if I do, be assured I will post it here.

Okay, now for a recipe!! yumm...

Last night I made homemade Swedish meatballs. They were very easy and oh so good!

Here is the link. http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/the-amazing-swedish-meatball/detail.aspx
 I think my post is long enough as it is, without adding this recipe. I used just ground beef, and I doubled everything and used 3 lbs of meat. I think it made 65 meatballs, got 40 in a 13x9 pan and the other 24 in a pie plate.
I made spaetzle to go with it, but you could serve it with just plan egg noodles. Green beans on the side are nice also.


Oh guess what? I won the summer reading program at the Mineral Wells library. They called me on Monday and told me that I had won. They said to come a pick up the prize on Tuesday. So yesterday Daddy took me to the library. I told the librarian who I was and she went to get the prize. Do you know what it was?? Three very strange, New York Times best seller, vampire books, a candle, a pad of note paper and some "free stuff" coupons in a nice blue basket. I thanked them, and left (after a while). I thought to myself " I will NOT read those books, never in a million years, BUT I could sell them on Amazon or half.com." hey, they were free ;) I will use the candle, note paper and basket. I hope you don't think I am weird or anything, but when I can't or won't use something, I like to sell it and then take that money and buy something I will use.

 I think I shall give you a song every time I post too.
Hope you like it as much as I do.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcuS82UWtmc This is the same song but with a nice "drive" to watch.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5W0HGvM3JRE&feature=related

I pray you have a great week,
 Vaya con Dios,


~Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment